Buying vs. Renting
Unfortunately, there’s no right or wrong answer to that question. Buying a home in your new town can come with a number of huge benefits for your family. It truly depends on your family’s needs and what you’re looking for in your new home.
Are you looking for a home and haven’t decided whether to rent or buy? Who doesn’t want to own their own home? To have a place that’s theirs? Most military families would rather buy than rent.
1. No pet rules. You don’t have to worry about bread restriction and deposits.
2. Great market. Mortgage interest rates are still low. You can get a beautiful home for just a fraction of what you would pay a few years ago. If you’re eligible for a VA loan, you can avoid down payments and save money on your monthly mortgage. There are also tax deductions available on mortgage interest.
3. You can decide on how you want to decorate or care for your home. Most rental homes come with a number of rules regarding how the property is maintained. You’re only allowed to paint certain walls or use certain colors, you can’t install anything new (like a pool) and you may not even be allowed to plant or garden.
4. There are no terms or leases. The home is yours as long as you want it. With a rental home, you’re stuck to an arbitrary time period on a lease. When that period is up, the landlord has the right to kick you and your family out of the home.
5. You will get a return on your investment – If you buy, you get your money back when you sell the home. In fact, with the market as great as it is, most buyers who purchase a home now are set up for a great return on their investment in a few years. The housing market will have improved, sales prices will go up, and they’ll be able to sell their home for much more than they bought it for.
Buying a home can have a variety of advantages and benefits to you and your family. If you’re thinking about investing in the Fort Hood Area, fill out you buyer’s request form or visit my website http://jessica.austin.allcityhomesearch.com/